- Yesterday, Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir appointed NCP member Al-Haj Adam Yousef as vice president and promoted Ali Osman Taha as first vice-president. The appointment of a Darfuri vice president was a key requirement in the peace agreement signed between the Sudanese government and the Liberty and Justice Movement.
‘Bashir regime will fall due to Doha agreement’– Radio Dabanga
- Khalil Ibrahim, the head of the Justice and Equality Movement (JEM), told Radio Dabanga on Monday that the partial Doha agreement will be the cause of the overthrow of the Sudanese regime in Khartoum.
Air raid on South Kordofan – Radio Dabanga
- One teenage girl was killed and three children wounded in an air strike by the Sudanese Air Force (SAF) on Torgi and Al Buram localities in South Kordofan on Tuesday.
Death toll in Unity State attack rises to 42– Miraya FM
- Authorities in Mayendit county, Unity state, said the death toll from an inter-communal attack on Saturday has risen to 42. The County Commissioner called on the government and humanitarian agencies to provide assistance to thousands of people displaced from the sixteen villages which were attacked.
Sudan’s NCP dismisses Wikileaks cables – Sudan Tribune
- Sudan’s ruling National Congress Party has shrugged off the revelations contained in the U.S. diplomatic cables released by Wikileaks, saying they would not undermine trust between party members.