Why donate to United to End Genocide?
They are at risk not because of anything they’ve done but because of their ancestry, the color of their skin or the God they pray to. Today they are threatened with genocide.
Your support helps ensure that we have the resources to end violence and stop fueling conflict by:
- Sound the Alarm whenever and wherever signs of genocide and mass atrocities exist we get the message out to journalists, editorial boards, publishers, tv producers and social media influencers. We inform government leaders, members of congress and thought leaders.
- Connect and Mobilize Voices to build a powerful, sustainable and global network of genocide survivors, students, community activists, faith leaders, artists and human rights champions committed to preventing mass atrocities and ending genocide.
- Demand Action by our elected leaders and anyone who has the power to protect those who face the threat of genocide or mass atrocity, anywhere in the world.
Simply put, United to End Genocide is doing what no other organization is doing and we are making a difference.
“I’m a big fan of United to End Genocide. I’m not aware of any other organization that provides the kind of information to Congress that this one does. It is absolutely worth supporting.” — Rep. Jim McGovern
Our Plans for 2015
It’s a critical year for millions of people at risk of genocide across the globe. And with your help, we have plans to be heard loud and clear.
- In Darfur, fighting reached its worst levels since 2003 and efforts to hold the man accountable, President Omar al-Bashir, have stalled. We will work to strengthen peacekeeping missions and track every step Bashir makes to make sure he faces the justice he deserves.
- The fighting in in South Sudan continues and the threat of famine looms over millions. We will raise the voices of South Sudanese in the peace process, demand targeted sanctions on those standing in the way of peace and make sure life-saving aid is getting to those who need it most.
- In Burma, the lives of 1.3 million Rohingya are at risk. Upcoming elections risk stoking tensions even further. We will work with peace activists on the ground and pressure the U.S. and international community to hold Burma accountable for treatment of the Rohingya.
If you believe in a future free of genocide, the time to act is now.
From Syria to Burma to South Sudan, our actions are being heard and making a difference for those suffering the horrors of genocide.
And with all of us fighting hard for change, we can do even more to prevent and end genocide.
Federal employees, military personnel and retirees can contribute through the Combined Federal Campaign. United to End Genocide is listed in the Human and Civil Rights Organizations of America section and is designee #20370.
If you believe in a future free of genocide, designate United to End Genocide, #20370, for the Combined Federal Campaign.